Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Drama and Updates

It's been a while since I have given you an update into our lives so I am going to start with now and work my way backwards. 

Drama

Yesterday in particular was full of drama. I feel as if I got a glimpse into my girls junior high days except it will be more on the emotional side instead of the physical side of drama.

We had driven home from Abilene that morning and had actually had a pleasant drive home. Kate slept half of the way which is record for her and Braid watched movies or played with toys. We were still all tired from a really fun weekend but in pleasant moods. The girls ran around the house playing together while I tired to put away clothes and clean up the house. After a few hours, the girls were playing in Braid's room while I sat down to rest for a minute. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and then heard a crash... Braid screaming and then Kate crying. I jumped up and ran to the room to find that Kate is lying on the floor with water, glitter and a few pieces of small glass on her head. Braid is standing in the closet shaking and screaming; the dresser in her room is pulled half way down with the drawers pulled out and some are lying on the floor. I run to Kate and exam her for any injuries. She has a red mark across her back and a few small marks on her stomach but no blood. Braid starts explaining the scene before I even ask probably assuming I would think that it was somehow her doings. She said that she was in the closet playing and Kate tried to climb the dresser and it fell. She wasn't doing anything wrong but Kate was. It was obviously the truth by the scene and her lack of detail. Detail and a lengthy story usually give her away when she isn't quite telling the truth. Anyways after cleaning up Kate and the mess of a broken snow globe we were all ok. Then Braid decides she is ready to take her bath while Kate eats a yogurt for her snack. This is usually a relaxing event however after putting Braid in the bath and then getting Kate's snack ready, Braid begins screaming again. I run to the bathroom and she says there is a tiny spider swimming in her bath. She is terrified it is going to get on her so she is moving around as quickly as she can as I try to get the spider out. We finally get the spider out so I got back to help Kate. Then Braid starts screaming again so I run back in there and she has knocked a mosquito bite scab off of the top of her foot and it is bleeding a tiny bit but the blood is freaking her out. She is screaming crying at the top of her lungs. I washed her hair and body as quickly as possible during the crying fit and then carry her to the couch. She is so upset that she now has hives on her legs. As I am putting the bandage on her foot and turning on Curious George to calm her down, Kate starts screaming. She has stuck her hand in the yogurt container and it is now stuck. Like a raccoon after a shiny object in a hole she refuses to unclench her hand. She then slings it to try to get it off and it does come off as well as all the remaining yogurt which goes flying everywhere. Needless to say, we were all exhausted at the end of the day and ready for bed. Sorry for such a lengthy story but I wanted to have this one written in the books so I can be thankful for all the non-dramatic days.

Updates


A typical day at home...moods may vary.
Going to help Daddy...
BTD parade...




Being superman...

Helping in the kitchen...

Putting up sweetcorn and greenbeans...



Curry County Fair...



No comments:

Post a Comment